Nate Carroll | United States | 00:01:00 | 2022

“They say 8% of folks have a fear of clowns and the other 92% are lying!”

A solo project shot, edited, and acted in by Nate Carroll for Vancouver Film School’s ‘Intro to Cinematography’ final assignment taught by DoP Thomas Burstyn (Netflix Cowboy BeBop, TNT Snowpiercer, AMC Hell on Wheels).

– Genre: Horror
– Runtime: 60 seconds

“Scared the life out of me, I hate clowns.”

“(A) good twist that we did not see coming.”

“The sound design was good with well-chosen effects and music.”

Award Winner – Under 60 Seconds, British International Amateur Film Festival Competition, 2022

2nd Place – Micro Film, The International Horror Hotel Film Fest, 2022

Finalist – Horror, Texas Short Film Festival, 2022

Semi-Finalist/Nomination – Best Thriller, AltFF Alternative Film Festival, 2021

Official Selection – 60 Second Extra-Short Challenge, International Fortean Film Festival, 2022

Official Selection – Horror Micro Film (1-6 Minutes), Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival, 2022

Official Selection – Short Film, Best Horror Shorts Film Festival, 2022

Official Selection – Micro Shorts – Comedy or Horror, Die Laughing Film Festival, 2022

Official Selection – Micro Short, The Thing in the Basement Horror Fest, 2022

– Camera: Canon EOS 90D (ISO 800; 1/50 shutter speed, EOSHD picture profile)
– Lens: Samyang VSDLR 24mm (T1.5) EF lens
– Color Palette: Storaro Indigo-VS gel and Amber Gold
– Special Effects: ‘Liquid Pain & Sorrow’ make up, Latex prosthetic